Hosted by Richard Machin, Nottingham Trent University. This online event recording, based on the 'Developing Academic Policy Engagement' (DAPE), and match funded project by the MoJ and Nottingham Trent University explores:
• best practice for policy makers and professionals working in criminal justice and social welfare
• the experiences of people with an offending history who have debt problems
• highlights the complexities of working with people in the criminal justice system
• identifies the most common types of debt accrued, and
• discusses some of the key themes and challenges when working in this area
Viewers will gain an increased knowledge of the complex links between debt and offending, and through a case study reflect on best practice to inform their own work. T
his event is of particular interest to professionals and policy makers working with people affected by debt.
Please select subtitles/closed captions when viewing if required.