Insights proudly presents a recording of the third of our thematic online events relating to Young Adults in HMPPS from 20th March 2023.
This recording is for colleagues across Prison, Probation, Youth Custody Service, Youth Offending Teams, and community support services. It promotes the Transitions Policy Framework and the new transitions process, focusing on:
- the supporting evidence
- what best practice looks like, and
- what adult prison establishments must do to be ready for full implementation
Hosts Lisa Short, National Young Adults Team Lead for HMPPS and Lauren Brothwood, Head of Placements, Casework and Transitions for YCS, are joined by panel members from:
- the HMPPS Evidence Based Practice Team
- Youth Custody Service
- HM Prisons
- HMPPS Young Adults Team
- Directorate of Security
- Women’s Directorate
- Transition 2 Adulthood Alliance, and
- Youth Justice Board
- Alan Scott, Executive Director for Public Sector Prisons North and Debra Baldwin, Deputy Director for YCS will deliver keynote messages.
Watch now to:
- hear about the development of the new transition process
- understand the lived experience and impact on Young Adults and staff, and
- familiarise yourself with what you need to do to prepare to implement the policy framework in prisons.
At the end of the recording is a question and answer session.